30 January 2012

Rose Byrne, SAG 2012

Out of all the dresses sweeping the red carpet last night at the Screen Actors Guild awards, Rose Byrne was by far the best dressed catching everybody's eyes in this beautiful Elie Saab jumpsuit. I, like many others I'm sure, tend to gasp a little at the word 'jumpsuit' imagining some monstrous design resemblant of a mechanics' overalls in some garish floral pattern intended to add a touch of 'femininity'. *vom* And yet, out of all the gowns, the sequins, the lace, the ruffles and trains, it is Rose Byrne's jumpsuit that I find myself staring at in wonder. 

The designer outfit is actually from Elie Saab's A/W Couture collection 2009, way back when, but apparently Rose has only just plucked up the courage to wear the top to toe embellished garment to compliment her beautiful new bob. I think the new cut suits her so well and I much prefer her with a fringe. It is taking all my will power to refrain from re-chopping all of my locks off into a similar style, but after growing mine out for well over a year, I must resist the urge of paying my hairdresser an all too tempting visit. 

Can I just look like Rose Byrne now, please? 

Who was your SAG 2012 best dressed? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We literally JUST posted about her look on twitter! We simply adore this! She looked totally smashing and the jumpsuit was beyond perfection!

    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for commenting back on my blog, and for following sweetie! i'm now following you too! Cant wait for more of your amazing posts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unusual and chic!!

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow she looks fantastic! I love, love, love her hair! x

    ReplyDelete